Saturday, April 10, 2010

Guess what the Easter Bunny Brought Us?

This year, the Easter Bunny brought Avery some books, lots of new outfits, and a huge bag of animal cookies. He bought Avery's Mommy and Daddy the H1N1 Flu Virus! Well, that's not entirely true, and I shouldn't blame the Easter Bunny. Avery actually gave it to us after suffering from it the week before. We thought she was running a fever from her routine vaccinations, which was a little hard to believe by day 4 of the fever, but it wasn't until she was over it and we got it that we realized it was H1N1. Avery had completely recovered by Easter Sunday and Greg and I hadn't quite come down with it yet, so we were forunate to enjoy a very nice Easter with Meme, Grandpa, Aunt Pat and Uncle Don in Charlotte.

Since Avery missed her Easter Egg Hunt at school because she was home sick, I "hid" some eggs for her in my parents' beautiful yard. My Dad is quite the landscaper and had lots of beautiful flowers to create the perfect background for our hunt!

Avery "got" the concept of hunting for the eggs, but didn't grasp the concept of putting them in her basket so that she could gather more. She'd carry an egg in each hand, then find a third one, and would have to sacrifice one so she could collect the new one. Silly!

Avery's eggs were filled with puffy stickers instead of candy. The stickers turned out to be a huge hit. She spent the rest of Easter putting stickers on things on the deck, taking them off, putting them on, and playing with her Easter eggs, stacking them, sharing them, re-collecting them, etc. It's the simple things in life that amuse this little girl!

Meme's friend Donna brought Avery a gift, and the tissue paper was Avery's favorite part, though she liked the book and cookies, too. I just love this picture of her!

Before we headed back to Atlanta on Monday, Aunt Pat, Meme and I took Avery to the neighborhood "tot lot" to burn off some energy. She loved swinging, sliding, and playing in the sand. I think someone is really going to enjoy her trip to Folly Beach in June!


I hope you all had a happy, healthy Easter!

No comments: