Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More Asheville Photos

The National Gingerbread Competition entries captivated us all at the Grove Park Inn. Here Avery is posing in front of one of the youth category winners.



Avery enjoyed her brunch of puffs, cheese, ham, quiche, and strawberries. Yum!



This was one of the teen winners with another winner in the backround. Impressive!


Time has gotten away from me. How is it already Dec. 16? Instead of getting stressed out about all the presents I have yet to wrap, cookies I have left to bake, and holiday greetings I have yet to send over the next 8 days, I’m going to take a page out of Heather’s book and just enjoy the season.

I had the hardest time coming up with a Christmas list year, and I think it’s because I finally have everything I’ve always wanted: both my parents are alive and healthy, I’m happily married to a wonderful husband and father, and we have a beautiful, healthy, happy baby girl who will soon turn 1 year old. There’s not an electronic device, jewel or bobble that could make my life any more complete. But hey Mom, if you’re reading this, I really do want that cupcake stand I mentioned….

On that note, I’m so glad that we took time out from the hustle and bustle of the season to spend that weekend in Asheville a few weeks ago. I could’ve stayed home and finished all the wrapping, baking, and correspondence I mentioned before and gotten it all done, but then I wouldn’t have the memories (or photos!) of watching Avery seeing snow fall for the first time, or squealing with delight looking the horses in the eye at Biltmore’s Riverbend Farms. So, on that note, Merry Christmas!

No comments: