Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Asheville, Day 1

We spent this past weekend in Asheville, NC with Meme and Grandpa seeing the Biltmore and Grove Park Inn all decorated for the holidays. We had a great time and Avery especially enjoyed the sites. Mother Nature even treated us to a wintry mix and Avery saw snow falling for the very first time. As you can see below, she was very amused!

Avery liked these miniature carolers. They were just her size!


Here we are just before going in to tour the Biltmore!

After our tour of the Biltmore House, we had lunch in the Winery Bistro, then visited Riverbend Farms. Avery got her photo taken with Santa again (yes, I'm on a quest now for the perfect Santa photo, and no, I did not get it on Saturday) and visited the animals in the petting zoo. She loved the horses, chickens, lamb and the goats. After a quick wine tasting, we were done sight seeing for the day. Avery was completely worn out. I couldn't even get her coat off her before she passed out for a very long nap!


Stay tuned for photo adventures from our second day in Asheville!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how you keep your readers engaged...can't wait to see more pics and hear about Day 2!
Avery is so cute - what a good lookin' baby y'all have!
Courtney T