Yesterday, I visited a friend's Facebook page and came across a video link to the news story of Baby Brianna Lopez. I clicked on it, and ever since I did, I've wished I hadn't. Brianna 's story detailed the brutal abuse and sexual assault she suffered from since her birth at the hands of her parents and uncle. She died of the abuse at age 6 months, and her abusers were ultimatley sentanced to 18 years in prison. Though the story happened 6 years ago, I simply can't get the hauting images of what this baby girl went through out of my mind. The details of the abuse are so horrifying that I strongly suggest you simply take my word for it and not google the story. The video made my stomach heart and my heart ache, and I can't yet put it out of my mind.
Though I can't do anything to help this little girl, I can kiss and hug mine today in her memory while I wonder if anyone ever hugged or kissed Brianna or rocked her to sleep. I will appreciate just a little bit more those smiles of Avery's that never fail to melt my heart and those giggles that brightens my day while I realize that some kids never experience anything worth smiling or giggling about. Before I put her to bed tonight, I made sure to tell her that I would always do everything I could possibly do to protect her from any harm, while I wish every parent in the world would promise the same.
If you have a little one, be sure to give them an extra kiss and a hug in Brianna's memory. She would have been 6 years old on July 19.
Sam’s Club | Snack Sale Edit
5 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment