Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy 1st Father's Day!

Happy 1st Father's Day to Baby Daddy! Avery plans to celebrate her Dad by letting him sleep in and taking him out to lunch. Of course, she'll have to borrow mommy's Amex....

As of 6/19, Avery was 5 months old. She can roll both ways, sit up well supported, and can eat rice cereal from a spoon. I think she's totally advanced for her age :) As for the picture above, I always swore I wouldn't be one of those parents that takes and shares pictures of my baby with baby food on thier face, but, I couldn't resist. I now see the appeal! The above picture with Avery's bewildered look pretty much explains our first cereal experience. But after a few tries, Avery got the hang of the spoon and seems to like the cereal. Well, that, or she's at least humoring me.
Two days this week, I got Avery home from daycare to find her asleep like this. I love how her index finger barely graps the purple ring as she sleeps.

Avery enjoys testing her flexibility buy sucking on her toes. Impressive!



Now that she can get there and back by herself, Avery just loves tummy time. This is a far cry from the first few months of her life when she loudly protested to any time spent on her tum-tum!

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

MrsBlueberry said...

What a cutie Avery is! I can't wait to see her at the beach!