

Avery and her Daddy have spent lots of quality time together lately as I’ve been doing a bit of traveling. Last weekend, I went to FL for a bachelorette weekend while Baby Daddy packed up Avery and her gear and took her to the Georgia BBQ Classic where he competed for the first time. While he was cooking up his award winning pork, he had lots of help taking care of munchkin. She even had her first sleep over Friday night at Auntie Danielle’s! The reports came in that was doing great at the festival and enjoying all the attention our friends lavished on her. Meanwhile, the BBQ team, Smokin’ Hot Butts and Racks, cooked up some mean Brunswick stew, ribs and pulled pork. Overall, the team placed 6th with Greg winning 2nd place for his pork in the amateur division. Very impressive, especially for his first competition! He got a nice trophy but instead of bringing it home, donated to his little helper, Baylor.
Aside from the competition, Baby Daddy took Avery on a long walk, a trip to Wal-Mart, and even had her bathed when I got home at 5:30 on Sunday. As for me, I missed Avery tons but had a great weekend showing off pictures of her in between spa treatments, hitting the beach and pool, and drinking my share of “Daddy’s Margaritas,” Coronas, and eating seafood!
Wednesday night, I traveled for work, so Avery and Daddy were on their own again. I checked in just before bedtime, and everything went just fine. Though I miss them like crazy, I am glad my travel has created an opportunity for Avery and her Dad have some alone time together to bond. Avery is so lucky to have a Dad that takes such great care of her. I really couldn’t have picked a better Baby Daddy!

No comments:
Post a Comment