It's been a busy few days! Last week, Heather, Jay, Roux and Daisy spent a long weekend with us. Avery really enjoyed cuddling with her Aunt Heather and found that baby bumps are quite comfortable to relax on. Heather and Jay also got a good dose of life with a newborn and a bit of Baby 101. How they escaped without changing a diaper though, I will never know.
Speaking of diapers, Avery had a rough few days after our company left due to a raging diaper rash. We'd gotten lazy with the Balmex and the notion that breastfed babies are not as susceptible to diaper rashes, so we accept total fault for her discomfort. After two cranky days, Avery's juicy double is now healed up and she's in much better spirits.
Now that she's approaching 6 weeks old, I'm really trying to work on a schedule to get her ready to go to school in a few weeks. That's been going well during the day; the exception is getting her down at night. We have no established bedtime yet, so are working on that now by trying to establish a bedtime routine. She has started sleeping for longer stretches, which is awesome. I never thought I'd be so happy to get 5 consecutive hours of sleep! Or feel so well rested on such little sleep....

No comments:
Post a Comment