As Panda and I near the 24-week mark and both start to pack on the LBs, I’ve realized some capacity issues as far as my stomach is concerned. My theory is that Panda camps out on various parts of my anatomy, such as my stomach (but also in recent experience, my bladder), and loiters there for hours, maybe days. This is the only explanation I have for why after a few bites of lunch or dinner; I’m inexplicably full even though I was starving mere moments before. When I ignore those full feelings and finish my food (because it must be a fluke, right?) I then feel uncomfortably full for hours. I know the trick is to eat smaller portions and several snacks daily, sometimes I just don’t have time for that!
Speaking of snacks, my system of keeping snacks readily available proved to have a definite flaw this past weekend. The flaw? My baby daddy knew my hiding place and raided the snack box in my car, taking the last snack while I sprinted unknowingly inside a McDonald’s to pee! When I returned to the car and saw Greg polishing off the last Lance cracker in the pack, I started at him in disbelief before telling him that he’d reached a new low by taking a pregnant lady’s snacks. He was totally unremorseful, and simply shrugged his shoulders and said, “I was hungry” then wadded up the cellophane wrapper, tossed it in my console, and drove us out the parking lot. Clearly, I need to be more creative about my snack hiding places. If you have any baby-daddy-proof spots to suggest, let me know.
My last thought of the day is that I would do you an injustice if I didn’t share the details on my new favorite morning snack. Thanks to my co-worker Jon, I’ve discovered Quakers Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies. That’s right: breakfast cookie. It’s a delicious cookie packed with calcium (30% DV), vitamins, and fiber (20% DV). With only 180 calories (hey, it’s still a cookie!) and 6g of fat, these little gems (found in the breakfast food aisle with the breakfast bars) are my new fave. My pack is safely hidden in a drawer at work – no way am I risking taking these delights home to share! I’ve learned my lesson!
Sam’s Club | Snack Sale Edit
4 hours ago

2 comments:
i can't believe G is stealing food out of the baby's mouth. guard your ta-tas in case he gets thirsty after downing your crackers.
24 weeks? Share a picture of that growing belly!
Post a Comment