Assuming my pregnancy will last the typical 40 weeks, Panda and I officially crossed the halfway mark last Thursday. Woo hoo! The day came and went without much celebration as I'd just returned from Paris, so I’ll count Saturday’s yummy chocolate fondue that Danielle and I shared at the Melting Pot. Let me suggest to you that this is a wonderful way to celebrate multiple points in your pregnancy, or just any occasion that warrants a celebration. The kind people at The Melting Pot even serve it with strawberries and bananas (not to mention the marshmallows, brownie and rice crispy chunks, and cheesecake) so you’re getting two of your recommended seven fruit and veggie servings right there. It’s a win-win situation for baby and mom!
Today I had my 20+ week check-up, and my Doctor said I looked great and was doing very well on weight gain. According to their records, I'm still in the single digits. Their records are much kinder than mine! Panda's heartbeat sounded great - she even gave the Doctor a few of her snazzy moves.
Speaking of moves, she’s been quite active over the past week and it's been thrilling feeling her tiny motions and acrobatics. She’s been most active in the mornings and evenings. Her movements are still just for Mom though, as Dad still can’t feel her from outside my belly yet. She’s actually tickling me a little bit as I blog!
Now it’s on to the woes. It’s not pleasant, so just stop reading if you’re sensitive to unpleasantness. First, I’ve been getting daily headaches and heartburn, which are honestly the least of my concern. While I’ve also sprouted a layer of “peach fuzz” on my burgeoning belly, my main issue is gas, which has reached a pinnacle. I honestly think I farted 37 times yesterday, and that was before I ate wings while watching the Packers game! What is up with that? I ate really sensible, bland foods yesterday, exercised, and what happens? A rip-roaring toot fest. Save yourselves – only Greg should suffer this. I might even spare him because I'm just that nice!
Sam’s Club | Snack Sale Edit
5 hours ago

1 comment:
Toot Fest?! I'm glad my office isn't near yours. HAHA!!
Post a Comment