It's hard to believe, but Avery turns 4 years old this Saturday. At age 4, Avery still loves Disney Princesses, but like her mom as a little girl, has become wild about Barbie and Scooby Doo. She especially loves dancing and music and will regularly "shake her booty" and belt out the not quite right lyrics to Carly Rae Jepson's "Call Me Maybe." She can spell her name without fail, has a broad vocabulary, and can easily count to "eleventeen." She tells me that she's going to be both an artist and a school teacher when she grows up.
I came across this photos of me (right) just before my fourth birthday. I asked Avery to pose similarly to illustrate my point that she continues to look nothing like me. If it weren't for her Barbie and Scooby Doo infatuation and spot on dirty looks, I'd conclude she was switched at birth!
Here's the birthday girl admiring her Scooby Cake for her Birthday celebration at school. Happy 4th Birthday to my husband's mini-me and my very special little girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment