
Now that Avery is 3, she is finally old enough to start swim lessons at the YMCA, and today was her first lesson as a Pike. She was so excited to swim without water wings, but I was a little worried as to how she'd do without me in the immediate vicinity.

It turns out I was worried for nothing. Avery did want me to walk her to the pool, but after that, I slipped away and her attention was directed to the lesson. She jumped in the pool, went under water, kicked her legs, and practiced floating with the instructor. She listened really well and even found a friend in class - another little girl from her class at school. She is excited to go back next week, and I'm excited to watch her develop new skills. I'm sure this is just how Amanda Beard got her start!
No comments:
Post a Comment