Sunday, July 24, 2011

Avery's First Trip to the Movies

While watching her normal line-up of shows, Avery had seen several previews for the new Winne the Pooh movie and expressed interest in seeing it. So yesterday afternoon, I decided it was time to treat her and giraffie to their first cinematic experience. I really wanted this experience to be positive as I've been secretly waiting for the day when I had an excuse to watch movies like Ratatouille and Up! So, I told her what to expect and we headed out to the theater. Once we got popcorn and and chose seats, she was immediately uncomfortable and began to fuss. I started to worry that I was that parent, but luckily, I was able to placate her with a green sucker; she braved out her uncertainty and snuggled up in my lap.

Once the previews came on, she complained that they were too loud, but giraffie didn't seem scared, so they conferred and decided to wait it out until Pooh came on. Once Pooh hit the big screen, Avery was glued. She and giraffie ate their share of the popcorn and didn't make a peep until the movie ended. When the credits started to roll, Avery yelled "watch it again, Mommy!" She refused to leave until she consumed every last kernal of popcorn. That's my girl!

Avery and giraffie are very much looking forward to their next feature presentation. I'll be happy to indulge them as they are cheap dates - both their tickets were free!

No comments: