
It's hard to believe it, but my baby girl is two years old today. We celebrated a few days early with an Elmo-themed pizza party this past Saturday. Avery knew something exciting was happening when she spied the Elmo cupcakes on the dining room table before the party and exclaimed, "cupcakes!" Thankfully, the batch she grabbed survived until the party!

Avery loved the party activity: decorating Dorothy sugar cookies with Baylor and Emme. For those of you that don't watch Elmo's World daily, Dorothy is Elmo's pet goldfish. I am aware this is a stretch, but hey, we had a snow storm last week and I couldn't come up with an Elmo cookie cutter.

Onto the presents! Avery sat in her new personalized Land of Nod chair to open all her gifts. Of course, her old friend giraffey sat faithfully by and helped.

Avery was excited to receive a tickle-me-Elmo, an "I love Elmo" t-shirt, the Best of Elmo's World DVD collection, and many other great Elmo and non-Elmo themed gifts.

After gifts, Avery dove right into her cupcake, and sported a red mouth, teeth, and tongue for the rest of the day like everyone else. What a fun day! Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate and make Avery's day so special!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Avery! I can't believe you are 2 years old!
Post a Comment