Monday, July 26, 2010

A Few New Words

Avery's vocabulary is expanding at a fast pace these days. She's learning foods, body parts, and even colors. The word of the day in the photo above was "mess."

Avery asks to sit in her "chair" where she will play with puzzles or color. This table has been through three generations of my family. It was once my mom's, then mine. It took a detour to spend a few years with my mom's cousin, and was saved, refinished and reunited with us. Avery loves it!

By far, Avery's favorite new word is "chalk." She askes to play "chalk" every day and just loves carrying her chalk bucket outside to make marks on the front walk (and herself) and learn her colors. She is even very good about packing her chalk back up when she is done playing!


Avery loves chalk so much that Sunday morning, she wanted to play before she got dressed. I told her she couldn't play in her pjs, which she set to resolve by removing them without any help. She disappeared into her room and came out like this, which was beyond hilarious to me. And yes, instead of coming to her aid, I took her picture. One day, I just know she will thank me for sneaking this image into the photo montage at her rehearsal dinner!


1 comment:

MrsBlueberry said...

I love it! Sweet girl. :)