Now, you wouldn't suspect that this sweet little face would be the breaker of New Year's resolutions, would you? Since she's too little to make them for herself, I made Avery's New Year's resolution for her: no ear infections in 2010. We made through January just fine, but today, we landed ourselves in exam room 3 waiting to see Dr. Anderson with a 101 degree fever. No cold preceded this ear infection, which is bad news as it indicates her ears don't drain properly when she is healthy. It sounds like tubes are in our future. After fasting for several hours post-Dr. visit and taking a long nap, Avery finally drank and ate and is feeling much better already after a dose of antibiotics. I think she'll be back in business in plenty of time for the Valentine's Day party at school. She's got her Diva Doggies Valentines all made out and ready to go, and certainly doesn't want to miss out on Ms. Dawn's cupcakes. I think a good night's sleep will lead to a full recovery for this little one.
Last but not least, I would be remiss if I did not call baby Daddy out for his gaffe this evening. Let's just say he learned a big lesson about how to administer medicine to a baby with a dropper (see August posts when I learned the same lesson). I, unfortuneately, had to pay the price of his mistakes by changing Avery's jammies twice, changing my shirt twice, giving Avery two baths, and finally soothing a hysterical baby after Daddy made her dinner come out her nose. Sigh. At least he did the laundry.

1 comment:
oh poor girl...hope she gets better for our visit!
Post a Comment