Saturday, January 16, 2010

1st Birthday Party!

My baby girl turns 1 on Tuesday, so to celebrate, we invited a small group of friends and family over on Saturday for a puppy-themed birthday party.

Avery makes having just two teeth look good in her special birthday dress, handmade by Polka Dot Designs by Jen.

The Birthday Girl couldn't wait for the adults to finish eating Greg's delicious pulled pork to open presents, so, she just crawled over and started opening gifts on her own!

Violet was definitely Avery's favorite birthday gift (though a 3rd Busy Ball Popper is right up there) . Avery could not wait for Auntie Danielle to get her out of the box, then wouldn't put Violet down all night!

The puppy theme wouldn't have been complete without plates, napkins, balloons, and puppy cupcakes!


The puppy cupcakes were a big hit. If Meme hadn't helped decorate though, I think I'd still be making puppy cupcakes...or I would have gone to Publix to purchase an emergency 1/4 sheet cake!


Avery didn't want to put down Violet to eat her birthday cupcake!




Once she put Violet down, Avery couldn't wait to get her hands on (in) her cupcake!


The Birthday Girl seemed to enjoy playing with her cupcake more than eating it. I guess she hasn't cut her sweet tooth yet!
Happy Birthday to my little Munchkin!

4 comments:

MrsBlueberry said...

I am glad to hear the party went well. I love the dress! And you did a great job on the cupcakes. Wish I could have been there to eat one!

Rebecca said...

God she is adorable...but she is related to me, so I'm not suprised :)
Sounds like the puppy theme was a hit!
Looking forward to hanging with Avery next month, and you guys too I guess :)

A, J & E said...

Those cupcakes looked great. Oh, and the kid is cute too :) Happy 1st birthday Avery!

Courtney said...

How cute is Avery! And those cupcakes!! Great work cook CB.
Courtney T