Saturday, November 14, 2009

Leaves, leaves, leaves!

Last weekend, we took Avery hiking at the Pine Log Creek Trail near our house. She loves being outside in nature, so really enjoyed our trek. She, however, did not like being in the back pack carrier, and tolerated it for maybe 1/2 of the over 3 miles we hiked. She preferred to ride on Daddy's hip, though I did take a turn carrying her. In my defense, last time we went to Pine Log, I was 7 or 8 months pregnant with her, so technically, I took my turn carrying her on a hike!
Avery likes to explore new textures. She thought tree bark was especially interesting.


Avery loves leaves. Loves them. She is infatuated with them. She's especially curious about how they taste. I'm constantly fishing leaves from her mouth when we are outside. Yuck!


She how much joy simply holding this leaf brings Avery? Forget the leapfrog learning table and bring on a pile of leaves.


Avery carried a leaf in each hand almost the entire hike. She was sad to part with them at the parking area, but I knew the minute I took my eyes off her, these would go in her mouth!
We are looking for a new backpack child carrier that Avery would be more comfortable in since she enjoyed our outing so much. Anyone have any suggestions? Avery will write a letter to Santa...but the first item on her list is leaves!

No comments: