Sunday, October 11, 2009

Soup Swap!

Sunday afternoon, I hosted my third annual soup swap. Avery loves being underfoot in the kitchen while I'm prepping or cooking, and now she can be just like mommy with this pint sized Calphalon and mixing spoon.

Wrong end of the spoon, silly!

Despite her finicky eating habits, it's my mission to make a foodie out of this baby girl. Can you see this photo gracing the cover of her first cookbook? I dream big.


Danielle got all fancy on us and made us a rainbow soup swap cake. The kids at the party were in awe of her baking talents. Despite not having her Wilton Cake Decorating Class Credentials, we thought this cake was good enough to eat.

My fridge and freezer were stocked at the end of the day. I can't wait to get my fill of potage parmentier, beer cheese chowder, cream of mushroom, veggie chili, Mexican corn chowder, and pumpkin soup. Fall is officially here!

No comments: