The party's over. Yesterday was both Avery's first day at school and my first day back to work. Despite my excessive worrying, everything went just fine. Baby Daddy took her in the morning, sparing me the embarrassment of crying in front of the teachers....again! Me and my box of Kleenex spent a few moments together in the confines of my trusty Ford Escape, but once I got to work, I was so busy getting caught up that the day went by fairly quickly. Avery had a great day, ate well from her bottles, and even napped a little bit, which is always a challenge for her in a new environment. She was so tuckered out from her big day that she went to bed a little after 8pm and slept until 4:45am! We've definitely been blessed with a good sleeper!
As for me, my first day was not without a completely air-headed moment. As I hope to continue breast feeding until Avery reaches 6 months old, I have to do the pump at work thing. Thankfully, my office is quite conducive to the privacy needed for pumping as I have a door and blinds that I can shut, plus only work with two dudes who have been fairly warned that if the door is shut, enter at your own risk. Anyway, I got all set up for pumping by organizing a variety of tasks I could complete one-handed, plugging in my pump, getting out the bottles, and hooking up the hoses. I shut my door, got the girls out for the pumping party, and let loose. However, as soon as my milk let down, I realized I had forgotten to actually screw the bottles on the ends of the breast shields and was pumping milk right into my lap. Nice. Really nice.
I have tweaked my work schedule a bit so that I can leave the office around 4pm. With all the tasks to get Avery ready for the next day of school, this proved to be a smart move. By the time I got Avery fed and put to bed, Baby Daddy and me fed, sterilized and filled bottles, washed and sterilized pumping accessories, and got the rest of the things ready for school/work the next day, it was almost 10pm and I was utterly exhausted. The one thing I forgot to do? Set out an outfit for Avery to wear today. I got a call from Baby Daddy on that one around 8am. I really couldn't wait to see what she was wearing when I picked her up from school today.... any guesses? I wasn't surprised at all to find her in pink camo!
I'm behind on uploading pictures so please forgive me just this once!
Sam’s Club | Snack Sale Edit
9 hours ago

1 comment:
I was thinking of you Monday...she is in good hands!
Post a Comment