
This morning was one of those mornings where my stomach was against me from the moment I went vertical. After activating the ol’ gag reflex while brushing my teeth (this is one of those bizarre things that happens to you which you find out is completely normal) I drag myself into the shower, dress, and force myself to eat breakfast. I’ve been having pretty good luck with bagels for breakfast, but this morning, it did nothing to settle my rebelling stomach. Fighting it on my way to the office, it came to me…being pregnant is very similar to having a hang over.
Think about it. After a hard night of drinking, you wake up with stomach issues, and you definitely have bathroom issues (to keep this as PC as possible, usually those issues rhyme with deer mitts). This is what pregnancy is like. So, I think to myself, what cures a hangover – or at least makes it bearable enough to throw on sweatpants and shades and leave the house? Grease. Good, solid, artery clogging grease. After the hardest drinking night of the year, it’s been my experience that a good New Year’s Day hash brown casserole works wonders. Since I didn’t have Beth at my disposal to whip up a casserole, I had to find the next best thing on my way to work - McDonald’s hash browns. A spin through the drive-thru and two hash browns for $1 later, my stomach feels like a champ! Thanks, dollar menu! You saved the day!
Think about it. After a hard night of drinking, you wake up with stomach issues, and you definitely have bathroom issues (to keep this as PC as possible, usually those issues rhyme with deer mitts). This is what pregnancy is like. So, I think to myself, what cures a hangover – or at least makes it bearable enough to throw on sweatpants and shades and leave the house? Grease. Good, solid, artery clogging grease. After the hardest drinking night of the year, it’s been my experience that a good New Year’s Day hash brown casserole works wonders. Since I didn’t have Beth at my disposal to whip up a casserole, I had to find the next best thing on my way to work - McDonald’s hash browns. A spin through the drive-thru and two hash browns for $1 later, my stomach feels like a champ! Thanks, dollar menu! You saved the day!

2 comments:
Hmmmm. HBC. Yum-O! Glad to hear you can still enjoy SOME part of NYE weekend. ;)
Before I nixed beef and pork from the diet, my hangover/babysick remedy was a Mickey D's Happy Meal. It works. Maybe Mickey D's should try some new niche marketing. They're neglecting a huge portion of their market share. -k.
Post a Comment